2.9.09

The past few weeks

My life at the moment.

In case your wondering, all current dgn projects are on hold along with everything else I've been working on. If you're wondering why, it's because my hard drive crashed. Over 200 gigs of every song I've EVER recorded (over 100) along with all of my iTunes songs (over 6000) and all of my drum triggers, plugin presets, and a lot more than I can even think about is now gone. I sent it off to a place who said it would be $1400 to recover it. Another place says $500, so I am sending it there tomorrow to see what's up. $500 is a lot better than $1400 but it's still not pocket change. Also, the clutch finally went out on my car. There's another 300. Plus putting it in won't be the best time of my life. Ironically, I can't work without my car and I can't get money without working. Driving a motorcycle in the rain is very cold and very uncomfortable.

Amidst all of this, I'm not sweating much. I'm more composed than other times that haven't been so bad. I thought it would be one of those things that just wrecked me and made me hate life, but it didn't. Why? I don't know. Maybe because I still have hope that one day, money won't be a problem. I mean come on...If Stephenie Meyer could make millions by basically writing a bad movie script into a book, I could get somewhere. I've been making fun of her a lot recently. It's not her fault though. It's the people who eat it up and, unlike me, can get past the fact that her writing style seems more like a Beverly Cleary book than anything someone in high school or college would read. I like going off on tangents. She has nothing at all to do with what I started here. It's just fun to wonder out loud about some things. And to you, Twilight fan who could possibly be reading this...you must be angry and wanting to comment on my own writing style and how it's not good either. Go for it. I'm writing a blog. She wrote a book.

I've been wanting to post something for a while, but could never think of anything postworthy. No, that isn't a word and yes I made that word up. This still isn't very entertaining and for that I apologize. Maybe this will kick start some more updates. In the meantime, I will keep looking forward and hope that I don't go broke. Here are some entertaining sentence fragments about my life at the moment.

Lots of free time. Sometimes not as much. Think a lot to myself. Bored mostly. Picked up golf again. Drove a plastic ball 45 yards. What you got? Just leaving out the nouns. Boring sentence fragments. Taking a lot of showers now. More than usual. Washing clothes a lot more too. Not as lazy as I used to be. Recording a cover song. Your Love by The Outfield. Can't sleep anymore. Just lay in bed for hours. Hair straightening no longer needed. Trying a few with no verb. I'm about ready to bed. I should my teeth and some water. First, I have to my room. I can't in a dirty room. Doesn't make any sense. Still reading? You must be as bored and insomnious as me. Spell check says that is not a word, but I think it is. I'm going to look that up, hang on a second......it is! I win spell check. These have been complete sentences. Thank you for reading my pointless ramblings and I hope that you soon forget, lest you become dumb.

No comments: