28.12.09

Good morning fire eater...

So, I don't have much to talk about. Just letting everyone know I'm still alive. The reasoning behind not having much to talk about is most likely due to shutting off my brain. It's been relaxing. Taking a break from normal life is a very good thing. Especially if you take a break from your normal life, and vacation to an older normal life. It's cool to have a group of friends that I can just pick up where we left off. Those are the ones that I know I'll be friends with the rest of my life. And poop, fart, and wiener jokes are still just as funny now as they were when I was 6. I don't even wonder when I'm going to grow up anymore. Because I decided I wasn't going to. When I'm 50, I hope that my friend will let out a fart that sounds like a muted trombone mixed with pop rocks and we'll laugh for an hour. I just don't want to take life too seriously. Do you think anyone in the country actually thinks farts are not funny? Or when someone falls down stairs? No, that stuff is hilarious. But people that take their lives too seriously forget how to laugh. That's what I don't want. I'll grow up if that means gaining wisdom, drinking darker beer, and paying a mortgage. But not if it means sacrificing who I am. Not if it means I can't laugh at youtube videos of fat black women falling off a table.

But then after thinking about this...what defines humor? When I was 8, I thought All That was hilarious. Then I grew out of it and started watching Saturday Night Live. All That just wasn't funny anymore. Or I wonder how one person could think a movie, let's say A Christmas Story, is in the top 5 funniest of all time. Meanwhile someone else absolutely hates it. Or a foreign girl gets hit by a car. She's ok, no injuries. I laugh. The man in the car next to me is freaking out calling 38 ambulances and 19 fire trucks to check on her. Maybe I will grow out of this 12 year old humor stage. I hope not. Because It's awesome.

I laugh when people fall down stairs.

No comments: