29.12.09

This was going to be a tweet, but it's too long. So now it's a blog post. I think I can honestly say that this is the best chorus to a song that has ever been written. I can't name a favorite song. Or even a favorite band. But i have a favorite chorus. It might sound familiar since i have mentioned it before.

it's a fight between my heart and mind, and i don't want to win this time
In the epic fight of grace and pride, no one really wins this time
-copeland - no one really wins

I think my heart and mind conflict more than auburn and alabama fans. And my grace and pride even more than that. Who wants a Star Wars reference? Ooohh i do!

In Star Wars, Luke overcomes the dark side with his heart rather than his mind. He eventually brings Vader back with feelings rather than logic. When he uses logic in The Empire Strikes Back in an attempt to win, he gets his hand cut off. I like my hands. And the synthetics now just aren't as good as they were back then. And far far away.

I just don't want to win. I don't want conflict. My mind doesn't like my heart. I want to know what i'm supposed to do. I want to know what's right. But what i do know, is that in the midst of my conflicts, i will gain wisdom and become a better person. As far as grace and pride. they'll be fighting until i die. But i hope grace wins. And keeps pride in a headlock until it does

No comments: