16.2.10

So soon will i be in that part of the book where i am holding the bulk of the pages in my left hand, and only a thin wisp of the story in my right. I will know by the page count, not by the narrative, that the author is wrapping things up. I begin to mourn its ending, and want to pace myself slowly toward its closure. Knowing the last lines will speak of something beautiful. Of the end of something long and earned. And i hope the thing closes out like last breaths. Like whispers about how much and who the characters have come to love. And how authentic the sentiments feel when they have earned a hundred pages of qualification.

Averting a quarter life crisis with the help of incredible friends, great family, wonderful books, and a graceful and loving God. Thank you for being a part of my story. Thank you for putting up with the side of me that only you who read this deal with, or even know about. i'm really not an emotional weenie. This is just the only place i go to let it out.

God bless.

No comments: