27.4.10

I will walk through the fire

I've posted about this before. But it's the only thing on my mind. Graduation. In less than 3 weeks, I'll be completely done with school. Forever. Crazy to say. All I've done since I can remember anything is just gone to school and never worried much about anything else. Of course I've had to work, but I've just squeaked by. Paycheck to paycheck for the past 5 years. Now I have to not only squeak by, but pay off debt. Money has never been an issue to me. That's why I do what I do. My "profession" is hit or miss. I either make it big, or I don't. But the past few months I've been absolutely scared out of my mind of what is to come. I don't have a job lined up when I get out. I don't even have an idea. I don't even know where I'm going to live. I have 3 weeks. 21 days.

Despite all of that, I've had a recent wave of peace. A peace that can only come The Father. My friends have helped greatly, of course, but another human telling you it's going to work out can only do so much. Don't get me wrong, I am eternally grateful for all of the encouragement that I've gotten from the few who are interested in my life. And if you're reading this, you're comments to me will not be forgotten. But today I had some time alone and I thought about my life for a while. The adventure to come. The pages I will write. The story I will create. And then it hit me. It's not going to be a perfect life. And this message has been sent my way plenty of times. But I finally get it. How am I content knowing that I will struggle and fall short multiple times before I can finally say I am where I want to be? Because that's life. And this life is not the end. And who wants to read a story that has no challenges or low points? How do you learn without conflict? I say bring it. Give me your best, life. If the wealthiest man to ever life still could not find profit under the sun, why am I searching for it?

Even though I don't even have a direction right now, I don't even care anymore. I have peace. If I don't know where I'm going in 3 weeks, I'll still have peace. Because the only real profit is gained from obeying my father. And I won't even receive it in this lifetime. Every time I pick up a bible, it turns to Ecclesiastes. Or maybe I turn it there because it's like I'm reading it for the first time. Every time.

No comments: