31.5.08

What a day...

What a day indeed. I woke up feeling good. CDs were arriving. We were about to practice. Nothing could go wrong. But everything did. We got the CDs in. Except the only thing they were good for were coasters. They were data CDs. Meaning they could only be played on computers not CD players. So here we have 250 frisbees. After that my dad calls and said they don't rent out trailers to explorers. So now we have no way of getting our stuff to Mobile on Sunday and no way to start getting some money to get to Cornerstone. Then I was to angry to even practice. Everything fell apart. I got mad. I threw things. I said things I shouldn't have. I did my usual Matt Barnes is mad rant. But then I decided to trust God and sit back and watch.

For one of the first times God decided to use my dad to help us. He's helped us before, but it never really involved him doing much. Just giving us money here and there, and I never felt like he truly wanted to help us. It just felt like he was doing it so we would get our kicks and maybe be done. He offered to take me to his job where they have a CD burner and printer and make a few for this weekend. On the way there he stopped at Home Depot and bought...yes...bought a 5 x 8 trailer. He needs it for some things, but he said it was for us. Then we went to make the CDs and they turned out looking great. He even said we could make the rest of them there.

This is an example of how God always comes through no matter what if its right. I never thought my dad would go this far out of his way to help us. But now I do. For the first time since we started this band, I feel like he really believes we can do something. I don't care as much about the stuff he helped me with as I do having him believe in me. The only thing that has ever held me back is the fact that he didn't. But God is showing my dad that we are going to make it. That we have some work to do for him. And I think he is starting to listen. And all of the thanks goes to God.

No comments: