28.4.08

Almost done...

So I had about 394 things I could have done without having to do. And now the majority of that is over. 1,000 storms is done. Class guitar is over. Earth Science lab is over. Drumline stuff is over. And being bored out of my mind because I have no friends is almost over. 4 days of school, then 4 days of finals left. Then it's nothing but practicing, sitting by the pool, and watching movies. Then a little bit of touring. I'm beginning to feel my life taking a positive turn. Which is good. It's been a while. By the way, if you haven't noticed in my previous posts, I like sentence fragments. I realize that you can't start a sentence with "and or but". I just think its a better way of expressing my thoughts.

Which calls for a good reason to go off topic on an ADD tangent. I hate Alabama. Not really hate...I love certain things about it. But I absolutely cannot stand the dialect. I can get around the accents...I guess I've gotten used to them. But I can't stand hearing people use double negatives, saying ain't and combining three words into one. Example: "I ain't never seen nothin likeaterr." Instead of saying, "I've never seen anything like that." Double negatives are a pet peeve of mine. Because people don't realize they're saying the opposite of what they want to. Another pet peeve is when I see people spell their, they're and there wrong. Here's a little bit of grammar 101 for those who forgot. Their is used with possession, such as, "It's their turn." There is used when talking about a place: "It's over there." They're is a contraction. Which stands for they are: "They're coming in a few minutes." Hope that shed some light on that subject. And last but not least, anyways is not a word.

Anyway (there is no S)...I'm still pessimistic a lot of the times, even though I'm striving to get better. Once in a while I'll wake up and just feel good for some reason. I feel like God is about to do something amazing in my life. I hope so. Because otherwise I might go crazy. And that's what's keeping me going. The fact that I know my life has a direction already planned. And things will only get better over time.

No comments: